Monday, September 3, 2012

Back from a brief hiatus

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for not writing much on the blog lately - I have been amidst a multiple state move and trying to get my life settled at my new post-doc.

I have some how managed to (barely) keep up with my study schedule using PsychPrep. I've actually been surprised at my test scores and have remained on par for where I should be, regardless of my minimal study time and adjusting to a new job.

Also, the winds appear to be changing as to where I will be applying for licensure. I originally was going to apply with Iowa since they have no written or oral exam beyond the EPPP. You pass = you're done and licensed. Now though, I have been told by those applying for jobs that being licensed prior to completing post-doc could be a serious advantage, and I am looking at applying in Ohio, one of the many "new law" states that allows pre-internship hours to count towards licensure. (If anyone has feedback on this, please comment!) I'm not sure yet whether this is do-able since the documentation my academic program may not be sufficient, but hopefully I can press forward. Either way, I am still looking to take the EPPP in November.

I'm hoping to do some more upcoming posts on additional resources for EPPP studying, ABPP, applying for licensure in a "new law" state, and my process in completing my application with the National Register. What would you like to hear more about?


No comments:

Post a Comment